Why is Botox injection performed?
Your doctor may recommend Botox injections if you are middle-aged, younger than 65, and want a more youthful look of the face and possibly the neck. You should be physically healthy and have realistic expectations of temporary improvement, not perfection.
A Botox injection can improve the appearance of the following signs of aging for three to four months:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Neck wrinkles and bands
Who performs a Botox injection?
Many types of doctors and other professionals perform Botox injections. It’s important to find the right professional to give you a Botox injection. Choose a professional who is licensed and specializes in facial aesthetics (cosmetics) and has experience in injecting Botox, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
A dermatologist specializes in the medical and surgical care of the skin, hair, and nails. A plastic surgeon specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
How is a Botox injection given?
Your Botox injection will be performed in a clinic setting. The procedure includes the following steps:
- Your doctor will determine if you are a candidate for Botox injections. This includes performing an examination, taking a medical history, and asking about your goals and expectations for Botox injections.
- Your doctor will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss it with you.
- Your doctor may numb your skin in the injection area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream.
- Your doctor will use a tiny needle to inject Botox into the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. Each injection takes a few seconds.
Range Of Services & Products
Therapy & Mask
- LED Light Therapy & D’OR 24K Gold Mask
- LED & Bio NASA Thermal Treatment & D’OR 24k Gold Mask
- LED Light Therapy & Bio NASA Thermal Treatment
- Radio Frequency & LED Light Therapy
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Glo Minerals
- Skin TX
- Zo Obagi
What They Say
“I have been coming to Nectar MediSpa for a long time and would never go anywhere else. Brilliant treatments offering and a very welcoming atmosphere, the staff are very professional and very friendly.”
Annie Elizabeth Bernard
“I Visited Nectar Medispa For My Lip Enhancement. Ambiance Was Good, Staff Was Friendly And Treatment Was Professional. I Am Happy With Results Can Recommend Anyone.”
“The treatments at Nectar are great and the staff are amazing! As you walk through the door there is always a warm welcome from a member of staff, I would highly recommend Nectar MediSpa. Thanks Ladies!”